School. Power. Democracy.
One of our members, Marta Viñes Jimeno, together with one of her students, Philine Schwering-Kühl, has been invited to participate in the Forum of the German School Academy that will be held in Berlin on 25 and 26. November 2019. Marta will hold a practical session about how project-based learning fosters the acquisition of competences for building democracy together in a digital context, showing concrete examples from her class in the session.
The central questions that will be addressed during the session include:
- What about democracy?
- What role does the school play in democracy?
- How must school be designed to work against the current anti-democratic tendencies in society?
- What problems exist in our schools with regard to the promotion of democratic competences?
- Which concept of learning and performance is based on concepts of “learning democracy”?
- What does “democracy” mean for teaching as well as for the design of teaching and learning processes?
The two-day nationwide forum targets educators from all types of schools, including representatives from science, education and teacher training institutions.